We are very proud of our history that most certainly predates all of the present “incumbents”, as the origins of the practice can be traced back as far as the late 19th century. However the practice in it’s more traditional format dates back to 1922 when Messrs Trewin, Barr and Gale were partners…..
Between the wars Messrs Trewin, Barr & Gale were the partners. In the early 1960s Roger Johnson became a partner as others retired. Together with Mike Daniels and a slowly growing band of enthusiastic young vets and nurses, he continued to develop the Practice especially the part concerned with domestic pets, although at this time the majority of the work involved the care of farm animals and horses. Johnson & Daniels was born, soon to become Johnson, Daniels & Partners
The reputation of being a caring Practice, looking after the needs of the local community has been maintained with pride throughout its development. In 1977 the Practice moved from the shop-front premises in Clarendon Road to larger premises (once the Royal Observer Corps building) on the Cassiobury Estate, and the name soon changed to The Park Veterinary Centre. The buildings and facilities were extended nine years later and a satellite consulting and retail facility (The Park Veterinary Clinic) was opened in Leavesden in June 1997.
During the 1990s Mike Daniels and Dinah and Roger Johnson all retired. In 2013 Chris Sander retired from the partnership after 37 years, Bill Starr retired in 2015 after 43 years and Chris Blackmore retired in 2019 after 42 years of dedicated service.
Principal Mark Gardiner and the practice’s dedicated staff, are determined to continue the tradition of high quality veterinary care for the local community.